Business Improvement Districts
The Riverworks Business Improvement Districts (RBIDs) seek to improve, maintain, and promote the Riverworks Center through thoughtful programs and services for the benefit of property owners, tenants, consumers and residents.
The RBIDs focus on three key areas to maintain and improve the appearance and perception of the Riverworks Center:
- Public Safety and Appearance: Sidewalk sweeping and litter pick-up, graffiti removal, streetscape and right of way projects, regular collaboration with Milwaukee Police District 5 and other City departments.
- Marketing and Promotion: Promote the Riverworks Center as a first class destination for business owners, real estate developers, and consumers.
- Business and Property Assistance: Provide knowledge and resources to assist with real estate projects. Play a key role as facilitator for business development in the Riverworks Center, both for BID projects but also by providing assistance to individual businesses.
BID Grant Programs
- The RBIDs provide grants for property improvement projects and safety/security projects for up to 40% of the total project cost. The grant application can be found and downloaded from the link on the right toolbar.
- The RBIDs remove graffiti free of charge working with professional contractors. Chris Grandt, our Director of Neighorhood Development, can assist in coordinating any graffiti removal needs.
- BID #25 Map
- BID #36 Map
- Featured Business
- Property Improvement Grant Application
- Safety & Security Grant Application
- Permission to Remove Graffiti
- Riverworks Business Directory
- 2013 BID Directory Supplement
Riverworks Strategic Action Plan
In 2011-2012 the Riverworks BIDs partnered with the City of Milwaukee Department of City Development to develop a Strategic Action Plan for the Riverworks Center. That plan was approved by Milwaukee's Common Council in November 2012 and is now officially part of the City's North East Side Area Plan. The plan and supporting documents can be found by clicking here.